2. The shortest distance between two points is the path that goes through a mud puddle.
(Especially if your shoes are new ones.)
3. You must always be on the lookout for bad guys.
4. A day’s success is measured by how much dirt you have on your pants.
5. Guns are good to have and always handy. A finger can be a gun. A stick can be a gun. Bread crust can be a gun.
6. You can never have too many rocks and sticks. You should bring some home from each outing.
7. Baking and cooking are okay as long as you get to dig in the flour.
8. If it’s funny once, it’s funny every time!
9. It is really not necessary to have clean socks and underwear every day.
10. The bottom step is for jumping off of. (Well, and then the steps increase as age increases…)