Here’s a fun and adorable toilet paper roll craft for kids! Make the cutest dogs out of toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, or anything similar. You can even purchase cardboard tubes at Hobby Lobby if you prefer to do that. Beyond the cardboard tubes, you’ll just need a few basic craft supplies that you probably have on hand.
Paper roll animals are so fun to make! We also have a post with lions, monkeys, elephants, and alligators – all made from cardboard tubes.
We are big doggie fans at our house! In fact, we just added a new puppy about a month ago, so now our 9 year old dog has a friend to play with. (Well, it wasn’t instant fun – there was definitely an adjustment period for our older dog! But now he enjoys the puppy!)
If you’ve got dogs too, you can make these paper roll dogs in whatever colors you want to match your furry family members.
- Toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls cut down to a shorter length
- Paint – we used acrylic
- Cardboard from a cereal box or something similar
- Googly eyes
- Construction paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- Glue – Tacky Glue is a good choice
First, paint your cardboard tubes a solid color. Tan, brown, and white are good color choices.
Then cut out ears and a nose from black construction paper.
Attach the eyes, ears, and nose with glue.
Then cut out paws and a tail from cereal box cardboard. Paint them, and then add pads to the paws with a Sharpie marker.
Glue on the paws and the tail, and your doggie is complete!
Need more craft ideas?
- Here are more adorable Paper Roll Animals – we’ve got lions, monkey, alligator, and elephant.
- These Pipe Cleaner Monkeys are another favorite craft project! So cute.
- Make the CUTEST Egg Carton Turtles and Caterpillars.
Have fun crafting!