Ninja Stress Balls

This week we made another ninja craft – ninja stress balls!

Ninja Stress Balls! Last summer, I saw these awesome superhero juggling balls on Red Ted Art, and I have been wanting to make them with the boys ever since.  We decided to make our balls into ninjas!  We also made them stress balls instead of juggling balls by filling them with flour instead of rice.  The flour gives them a nice squeezable feel.  I emphasized to the boys that these are for squeezing, not throwing, as they are too hard to throw.  The feel great, though, and my husband has requested a blue one for his desk at work!

To make them you will need:

• Balloons – white for the face, and other colors for the ninja mask
  • Scissors
  • Sandwich baggies – either fold-over or ziploc (if you use ziploc, you’ll have to cut the zipper off)
  • Flour
  • Ballpoint pen

Step 1:  Fill a baggie with 3/4 cup of flour.  Twist the baggie to close, and squeeze out as much air as possible.  Filling a baggie is SO much easier than trying to stuff a balloon with flour!  We saw this tip on Tip Junkie from a link in Red Ted Art’s post, and it made the job so much easier.

Ninja Stress BallsStep 2:  Cut the blowing end off of a white balloon so that you are left with a round balloon with a hole.  Stuff the baggie of flour into the balloon.

Ninja Stress BallsStep 3:  Cut off the blowing end of another balloon.  Cut an opening for the ninja face.  Then, stretch this balloon over the white balloon with the opening facing the opposite way (so that the flour baggie can’t come out).  Add a ninja face with a ballpoint pen.  We tried Sharpie initially, and the faces kept rubbing off when the boys played with them.  We made another ninja ball and used ballpoint pen, and the face still looks great even after lots of handling!

Ninja Stress BallsAidan didn’t like the white showing on the bottom of the ninja balls, so he pressed the ends of the colored balloons together until they got stuck that way!  He has managed to seal up all of the boys ninja balls.

They boys have been carrying their ninja balls everywhere.  They are fun to squish and squeeze and then shape them back into balls again.

Ninja Stress Balls

These ninja balls would make great gifts or party favors!  They were very inexpensive, and quick to put together (5 min. per ball once we got the process down).

Ninja Stress Balls

If your kids like ninjas, you might also want to check out our pipe cleaner ninjas.  Those were another big hit!

And last week, we had fun playing ninja bubbles in the yard.

Summer is coming!  If you’re looking for ways to keep kids busy, be sure to follow my Fun Activities for Kids Pinterest Board!

Comments

1. AudraG says

Just found your site today and LOVE IT!!! Pinned the Ninja’s and can’t wait to try so many other ideas this summer! Thank you!

2. says

I’m the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your awesome ninja project! You can see it here:

If you have other kid friendly crafts, we’d love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!

3. JARVO says

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!
    I had been looking for a way to make a stress ball that is not just “Stuff flour in a balloon and tie up”.
    This way is creative.
    THANKS AGAIN

4. Tyler says

These are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Kara says

Thank you so much for posting this. My son’s grade is doing a marketplace, supply/demand earnin/saving/spending thing and for less than $10 we made a bunch if these for him to “sell” in the marketplace.

6. says

Hi Sarah! Thank you for your post… I work in an Autism classroom and these are perfect for when the kids need calming time. I am actually making a bunch for my son’s 1st grade class for a “rest and relaxation” raffle basket the parents are putting together. So far I’ve made a flax, flour + baking soda, black beans and corn meal as filler. I liked flax the best and ditched the corn meal as it was too hard to squeeze. I am hydrating water beads to try them out and of course will use play dough as that is my favorite filler. I found that if you use the hole made when cutting off the “tail” of the balloon as the window for the ninja mask it solves the problem of the extra hole! Anyway, thank you!!!! See you around at KBN!

7. Brandon (age 7) says

Thanks for the idea. We made a Martian stressball and a ninja stressball from green and gold balloons. The Martian has a green face and sharp teeth!

Trackbacks