Looking back on 2015, it was an exciting year! Thank you ALL for reading, commenting, and pinning my posts. I truly appreciate you!
The year ended with a bang as I submitted my first book manuscript to the publisher on Christmas Eve. The book will be released sometime in the fall of 2016 and will feature 50 original LEGO projects with building instructions! It was truly a family project, and we can’t wait to see it in print and share it with you.
We had just over 3.5 million unique visitors to Frugal Fun for Boys in 2015. Interestingly enough, the top five most popular posts this year were not written in 2015.
The Top 5 Posts, by total number of views
1. The most viewed post this year was our LEGO candy dispenser (posted in 2014)! This continues to be a well-loved project, and people often share photos of the ones their kids have built, which makes me smile.
2. Second behind the candy dispenser is Magnetic Slime (2014). Use a powerful magnet to make slime ooze! Pretty cool.
3. Build an exploding chain reaction with craft sticks (2013). This takes a little practice, but it is SO worth it.
4. 20+ Unplugged Activities for Tween Boys (2013). Apparently, this is a popular topic!
5. Getting Rid of Boy Bathroom Stink (2014). The struggle is real… 🙂
The Top 10 Posts, published in 2015
1. By far the most popular post this year was our Wooden Crate Parking Garage for Hot Wheels Cars. Another project that people want to get started on right away, judging by the number of photos shared on Facebook!
2. 30 Hilarious Jokes for Kids Pin this one for a car trip, etc.
3. 75+ LEGO Projects for Kids. Find all of our projects in one place, plus great LEGO ideas from around the web.
4. How to Build LEGO Dogs. One of my favorites too!
5. 20 LEGO Projects to build with Classic Tubs. I’m sensing a theme here! This post contains 20 simple ideas that you can build with the medium sized LEGO Classic Tub.
6. 4 Engineering Challenges with Cups, Craft Sticks, and Cubes. These challenges are a blast! Perfect for a class or just a rainy day at home.
7. 20 Awesome Nerf Games to Make and Play. Great boredom busters, and many of these would also make great birthday party games.
8. How to Build LEGO Minions. Another favorite. 🙂
9. A post from the end of the year managed to sneak into the #9 spot! Build a LEGO Nativity Set.
10. 25 Projects for Boys Age 10+. Older boys can be harder to entertain. Everyone can find something to like on this list of screen-free projects.
There is more fun to come in 2016! If you’re not an e-mail subscriber, you might want to sign up to follow Frugal Fun for Boys by e-mail in 2016. I send out a weekly newsletter each Friday with my new posts from the week plus links worth checking out from around the web.
You can sign up below: